In recent news, top-level changes have been announced at various Asian government funds and real estate companies. China Investment Corporation (CIC), one of the world’s largest sovereign funds, is preparing to name Liu Haoling as its new vice-chairman and president. Liu, currently serving as executive vice president and chief risk officer at CIC, will be replacing Ju Weimin in these leadership roles. This appointment highlights the organization’s focus on continuity and utilizing experienced professionals to drive its future success.
Meanwhile, Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund (EPF) has announced the appointment of Encik Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn as its new CEO. Onn brings with him a wealth of experience from his previous role as president and group CEO of Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB). His appointment underscores EPF’s commitment to effective leadership and ensuring the continued growth of the state-backed pension fund manager.
Prologis, the world’s largest industrial developer, has appointed Eddie Huang as its president of Greater China. With his extensive experience in the logistics and delivery industry, Huang is well-positioned to lead Prologis in this key market. His appointment follows the departure of Thomas Liu and signals the company’s commitment to maintaining its market presence in China.
Additionally, Godrej Properties has bid farewell to its non-executive, non-independent director, Jamshyd Godrej, who resigned due to reaching 75 years of age. As a long-serving member of the board, his contributions to the company’s growth have been invaluable.
Mah Sing Group, a Malaysian developer, has announced the resignation of its CEO, Ho Hon Sang. Ho will remain an executive director until the end of March, ensuring a smooth transition. In his place, Lionel Leong Jihn Haur has been named as the new deputy CEO and executive director, bringing fresh perspectives to the organization.
In other industry news, there have been several notable appointments in real estate companies across the region. John SC Wong has joined MEC Global Partners Asia as development director, and Stephanie Yang has joined Clarion Partners in Hong Kong as a vice president. Austin Xu has taken on the role of vice president for investment at China Life Investment Management, and Sankey Prasad has assumed additional responsibilities as the chairman and managing director of Colliers Project Leaders Middle East.
These appointments reflect the dynamic nature of the real estate industry in Asia, with organizations strategically selecting leaders to drive growth and success. As the industry continues to evolve, it is essential to keep track of these exciting developments and the individuals shaping the future of real estate in the region.
1. Who is the new vice-chairman and president of China Investment Corporation (CIC)?
– Liu Haoling.
2. Who was Liu Haoling replacing in their leadership roles at CIC?
– Ju Weimin.
3. Who is the new CEO of Malaysia’s Employees Provident Fund (EPF)?
– Encik Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn.
4. What was Encik Ahmad Zulqarnain Onn’s previous role before becoming CEO of EPF?
– President and group CEO of Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB).
5. Who is the new president of Greater China for Prologis?
– Eddie Huang.
6. Who did Eddie Huang replace in his new role at Prologis?
– Thomas Liu.
7. Why did Jamshyd Godrej resign from Godrej Properties?
– He reached 75 years of age.
8. Who is the new deputy CEO and executive director of Mah Sing Group?
– Lionel Leong Jihn Haur.
9. Who has joined MEC Global Partners Asia as development director?
– John SC Wong.
10. Who has joined Clarion Partners in Hong Kong as a vice president?
– Stephanie Yang.
1. China Investment Corporation (CIC): One of the world’s largest sovereign funds, responsible for investing China’s foreign exchange reserves to achieve higher returns.
Source: China Investment Corporation
2. Employees Provident Fund (EPF): A state-backed pension fund manager in Malaysia, responsible for managing retirement savings for employees.
Source: Employees Provident Fund
3. Prologis: The world’s largest industrial developer, specializing in logistics and industrial real estate.
4. Godrej Properties: A real estate company based in India, engaged in developing residential, commercial, and township projects.
Source: Godrej Properties
5. Mah Sing Group: A Malaysian property development company involved in residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
Source: Mah Sing Group
6. MEC Global Partners Asia: A real estate company specializing in development projects in Asia.
Source: MEC Global Partners Asia
7. Clarion Partners: A real estate investment management firm with offices around the world.
Source: Clarion Partners
8. China Life Investment Management: A Chinese asset management company specializing in various investment products.
Source: China Life
9. Colliers Project Leaders Middle East: A leading project management and consulting company operating in the Middle East.
Source: Colliers International
– For more information on China’s investment strategies and sovereign funds, visit China Investment Corporation.
– To learn about Malaysia’s pension fund management, visit the website of Employees Provident Fund.
– Explore the industrial development projects of Prologis in Greater China.
– Find out more about the residential, commercial, and township projects of Godrej Properties in India.
– Visit the official website of Mah Sing Group to discover their property developments in Malaysia.
– Learn about the real estate projects and expertise of MEC Global Partners Asia in Asia.
– To explore investment opportunities in the real estate sector, visit Clarion Partners.
– Discover the investment management services of China Life in China.
– For project management and consulting services in the Middle East, visit Colliers International.