Downtown San Jose is about to undergo a significant transformation with the arrival of a new university that is set to invigorate the city’s urban core. California Miramar University, a private for-profit institution, is scheduled to commence classes in the fall of 2024 after signing a lease for a substantial space in downtown San Jose.
Located at 505 South Market Street, the university has leased 20,600 square feet of space through its parent company, SP Jain Global Business Management. This development comes as a ray of hope for the real estate sector, which has been grappling with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Known for offering degree programs through distance education and a blend of online and classroom delivery, California Miramar University has been accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. Its program offerings range from Associate of Business Administration to Doctor of Business Administration, including specialized programs in data analytics, artificial intelligence, and computer information systems.
San Jose Mayor Matt Mahan expressed enthusiasm about the arrival of the university, stating, “The best thing that can happen to a downtown is the arrival of a new university.” The two-story building, situated in the trendy SoFA district, has been secured by the university in a deal orchestrated by commercial real estate firms Colliers, Kidder Mathews, and Cushman & Wakefield.
With a capacity to accommodate up to 1,000 students, the university has already begun accepting applications for the upcoming fall semester. Construction is in progress to create modern classrooms, lecture halls, a library, and computer labs, ensuring a state-of-the-art learning environment. The university, in collaboration with Studio BANAA Architecture and Interiors, aims to fulfill its vision of providing exceptional facilities for its students.
The swift permit and approval process for the university site by San Jose city planners reflects their commitment to supporting the growth of education and revitalizing the heart of the city. Mayor Mahan added, “California Miramar University means hundreds of new students living, studying, and supporting businesses in our city’s core, breathing life back into the heart of San Jose.”
This new addition to downtown San Jose will undoubtedly bring a renewed energy and vitality to the urban landscape, fueling economic growth and fostering innovation within the community.
1. What is the new university coming to downtown San Jose?
The new university coming to downtown San Jose is California Miramar University, a private for-profit institution.
2. When is California Miramar University scheduled to commence classes?
California Miramar University is scheduled to commence classes in the fall of 2024.
3. Where will California Miramar University be located in downtown San Jose?
California Miramar University will be located at 505 South Market Street in downtown San Jose.
4. How much space has California Miramar University leased?
California Miramar University has leased 20,600 square feet of space.
5. What types of programs does California Miramar University offer?
California Miramar University offers degree programs ranging from Associate of Business Administration to Doctor of Business Administration. They also offer specialized programs in data analytics, artificial intelligence, and computer information systems.
6. Has the university received accreditation?
Yes, California Miramar University has been accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission.
7. How many students can the university accommodate?
The university has a capacity to accommodate up to 1,000 students.
8. Who was involved in securing the building for the university?
Commercial real estate firms Colliers, Kidder Mathews, and Cushman & Wakefield were involved in securing the building for the university.
9. Is construction underway to create modern facilities for the university?
Yes, construction is in progress to create modern classrooms, lecture halls, a library, and computer labs for the university.
10. What is the vision of the university regarding its facilities?
The university, in collaboration with Studio BANAA Architecture and Interiors, aims to provide exceptional facilities for its students.
– Distance Education Accrediting Commission: An accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that provides accreditation to institutions offering online and distance education programs.
– SoFA district: Refers to the South First Area district in downtown San Jose, known for its arts, entertainment, and cultural attractions.
Suggested related link: SP Jain Global Business Management (main domain)